Wednesday, March 30, 2011

80 days - wow time is flying by!!

I can't believe how fast time is moving!

I am going to be real happy to get my new program started! I've missed the structure but yet it has been nice to do what my body was asking for. Tuesday I took as a rest day - I got up to exercise but fell back asleep downstairs. That is a sure sign that my body is tired!! Then this morning I got up and did the P90X Core Synergistics workout. I really enjoy that workout and I really noticed a difference. I was able to do exercises with better form and for longer periods of time. Some of the exercises, I couldn't even do the first time around!!

This has also been a pretty stressful week because of other family "things". My son's baseball team practiced Tuesday and Thursday last week and then Saturday through Tuesday. That is A LOT of baseball. Add to that the fact that I've been trying to get my daughter on another soccer team and the stress has been dripping from my pores. Well, baseball is taking a break until Saturday (opening day) and I finally got the soccer thing fixed. She will play with her team for the first time on Saturday which is also her opening day. Saturday is going to be one busy day!!

Tomorrow is going to be a run day! I'm looking forward to it - I'm not sure what everyone has planned so I'm going to just show up and go with the flow. I know some do a speed workout on the track and I may just give that a go - at least part of it. They have been building up for quite a while and I want to be smart about getting back into the flow. I'm not sure what I'll do on Friday. I was thinking about doing one of my yoga workouts and then I've got my long run on Saturday. Speaking of Saturdays, I may be keeping the mileage lower for a while because of the sports schedules. I need to look at it more closely and see how many early games we actually have.

Next week starts "The Hybrid" - I like that name, sounds ominous! The first month will be the P90X lifting sessions with running on the cardio days. I know I'm going to be sore next week and I'm actually looking forward to that! I know.....I'm crazy but I love that feeling. It was the one thing that I never really experienced with the Insanity workouts. They worked me really hard and I did a lot of push-ups and such but my muscles never really got sore. The first week will be a trial and error sort of week until I get my weights figured out. My perfect situation would be to find the weight that allows me lift 10-12 reps. I don't need to bulk but I don't want strict endurance either. I'm curious to see how differently I approach the workouts now that I've been through Insanity. I now know I can do so much more than I originally thought I could and I want to continue that through the lifting sessions as well.

I'm also hoping to send off my info and pictures to get my Insanity T-shirt. It will be a hoot to get that and wear it for the first time. I'm going to take a picture and post it!

Well I guess that's it for now. I have my evening routine to get started. Have a great night and Keep Pushin' Play!

No comments: