Saturday, March 12, 2011

98 Days & Saturday Long Run

I've made it to double digits! The race seems like it is a long way off but I know it will be here before I know it!

Today was my weekly run (I'll be increasing my running days in a couple of weeks) and we ran 10 miles. I ran 11 about a month ago and it was WAY too much too soon. So, I was curious as to how I would feel today. My legs and cardio felt really good - did start to feel some leg stiffness around mile 9 but nothing major. We ran 8 last week so I expected some tightness around 9 miles anyway.

The bad part to the run was that I was having some stomach issues (not sure why b/c my nutrition has been quite good this week). This meant bathroom stops - don't worry, no details. On a positive note we were running a loop that had businesses open on opposite ends of the loop so there was no problem finding a place to stop (thank you WAWA & Dunkin Donuts).

Our finishing time was about1:42:00. That means I have 98 days to drop my time by about 20 minutes. I am confident that without the stomach troubles I can put a dent in that immediately. Then getting back into running shape and using some speed work will also shave off time. I think I have a really good shot at 1:20:00 and I'm going to do everything I can to make that goal reality.

Have a great weekend and it I have time I will post my nutrition.

No comments: