Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Day 101 - Beginning of Lent

Today is Ash Wednesday which begins the church season of Lent. I am trying to bring 2 very important aspects of my life together in the next 40 or so days. My hope and prayer is that this next 40 days is the beginning to a great life change for me. Up to this point I really feel like I've been living short term "diets" instead of making this a lifestyle change. I always seem to fall back onto the poor eating choices. So, I'm going to use this Lenten season to work on discipline and spiritual focus. I am "giving up" all cookies, cakes, pies, candy etc and reading the book 3:16 by Max Lucado.

I know these 2 disciplines will make me a healthier person both inside and out. By eliminating the junk food I'm really hoping to see some great results in the fitness an weight loss areas. By reading the book and spending some daily time with my Lord and Savior, I'm hoping to open the rest of my life to endless possibilities.

Onto the daily plan:
Exercise - completed Max Interval Plyo this morning. It is still hard - my max HR hit 174 and the average for the working session was 152.

Water - 1 gallon (already close to finishing)

Nutrition
M1 EW burrito
M2 nutrition bar - banana later
M3 Turkey sandwich and veggies
M4 nutrition bar
M5 Beef & Broccoli Stir-fry
M6 LL cheesecake

Update to come later

No comments: