Saturday, March 19, 2011

91 Days - What a Great Run!

I had a wonderful run this morning. I was scheduled to be a 10 miler and especially after last week's stomach trouble I was really looking forward to what I could do this week. We took off on a very hilly (and windy) course. There is one section of the course (between miles 3 & 5) that covers the 2 miles and is uphill the whole entire way. I made it up about 3/4 of the way at a really fast pace but then had to slow down. It is so cool to know that I can cross-train 5 days per week and still do so well on a long run!

As I said before, it was supposed to be a 10 mile run but it was actually an 11 mile loop. I knew at about mile 7 that it wasn't going to get me back at 10 miles. I decided that I would see where I was when I hit mile 10 and then walk the rest of the way to the car. As we got closer, I decide to run to a certain spot (knowing it would put me over 10). When I got to that spot, I looked at my watched and realized that I was only 1/4 of a mile from 11 so I just ran it out to 11 and walked the last mile back to the car. It was a good way to end the run - I love walking afterward because it really helps me keep the soreness down! I may still be sore but I am so happy with the way it went!!! I don't have the exact time here in front of me but I do know that we averaged 9:40 per mile. Considering the hills on this course......I am ecstatic about the results!!!

Next week is my last week of Insanity. I will then do 1 recovery week and jump into my hybrid - I'm looking forward to the challenges!!

No comments: