Thursday, March 17, 2011

93 Days & The Gift

I met with "the group" to run this morning and to give Helenann her watch. It was a total surprise to her and it was a great way to start the morning! So, I ended up running 5 miles instead of doing the Insanity Recovery workout. I felt pretty good and it will be interesting to see how I feel on Saturday - 10 miles on the hills.

I ended up eating some things I shouldn't have today. I had some graham crackers and some potato chips. It was a nice little splurge and now I'm moving on.

I heard about my dd's soccer team today. They assigned her to a team that is as far away from us as you can get. I would take me a good 45 minutes to an hour to get her to practice (and the same to come back again) and the coach wants to practice 2x per week. Add to this my ds's schedule, which we don't know yet, and there is no way I can do this! I sent the coach a note a requested a new team. So, now I'm just waiting to hear back from them. I really don't get their team make-ups. We have been on teams located all over the place - I realize that some of that is due to player changes but when you see the same girls over and over again you start to wonder why you aren't still on the same team. Anyway, I'm hoping to hear soon about which team she will be on.

My ds has his "tryouts" this Saturday so we will know about his schedule soon too. He is so excited about playing baseball this year. I hope it carries over to the field. Sometimes he has all this energy and excitement and then gets all shy when he gets to the field.

We got out for a family dog walk and bike ride. The kids rode their bikes (yes both of them) and we walked the dog. It was awesome that we could all get out and do that together - especially since the weather was nice! The fact that my dd now feels comfortable enough to go out and ride up ahead of us is great to see!! I'm so proud of her!!

No comments: