Friday, March 18, 2011

92 Days

I was feeling the need for something different this morning so instead of doing my normal Insanity workout, I did the Fast & Furious workout and some stretching from the P90X DVD. It was nice to do something different. One thing didn't change though - the workout was a butt kicker!!

The weather was absolutely beautiful today so I took Chip to the park. We did a run/walk for 2.5 miles. He was GASSED! I think the heat really got to him. I had water but left it in the car - I need to remember to bring it next time. I also had him weighed today and he is 83.4 pounds (he's a little shy of 9 months old). I don't want him to get to heavy but the dog is all rib cage, legs and loose skin! We just need to keep an eye on him and make sure he maintains a good weight. I'm afraid that if he gets really big, he might not be able to run with me as much as I'd like - I guess we'll just wait and see.

I'm really proud of my dd - she was in a spelling bee today and did really well! It was a contest between the 4th & 5th graders. Each classroom had a contest and then the classroom winners had a contest in front of the entire 4th & 5th grade classes. My dd was the third best speller in the contest! AWESOME!!

Tomorrow is another 10 mile run. Some of the others are going 12 but I've increased the past 3 weeks plus ran an extra day today so I'm sticking with 10. I'm hoping not to have the same stomach problems that I had last week. I'm running with the faster runners in the group so it will be a good test! The bad part is that it is another 4:30 start. Getting up isn't the problem (I'm up in time when I workout at home) it is just hard to get to where I need to be and ready to start by 4:30. I can do it though and like I said I'm excited to be running with these particular runners!

Tomorrow also holds baseball tryouts on tap. It will be the first time my ds goes to a tryout. I think all the kids make a team, the tryout just gives the coaches a chance to see the kids play first. He has made a lot of progress since last year - I just hope he plays hard and doesn't get all shy when he gets there. He's a good little ball player when he is relaxed and confident in himself.

I guess that's all for now - have a great weekend!

No comments: