Friday, April 01, 2011

78 Day & "I Get Knocked Down..."

It's funny how things happen! I entered this recovery week very high off of my Insanity finish and I would have "thought" that my body would respond well to break in intensity. Did that happen? No! My brain said eat - eat - eat! Then I got this congestion/cold thing and that eat, eat, eat thing started to spiral out of control.

All day yesterday, I knew what was going on and yet I still didn't stop. Then we went out last night to get my son his baseball socks. On the way a song came on and a light bulb went off in my head. The song was Tubthumping and the chorus goes: "I get knocked down ... I get up again ... You're never gonna keep me down." I knew right then that I had been knocked down - Insanity had me on such a high that when it ended, I didn't do very well. But I'm now getting up again!!

When I woke this morning, the sinus/chest congestion thing was still present but I made the decision to not let it knock me down again. I got off the sofa and completed the Insanity Plyo Cardio Circuit from month 1. I am going to exercise this gunk right out! I don't have a fever or anything like that (just the congestion) so exercising is OK. Over the last couple of nights I was also feeling "run down" and I attributed that to the cold. But honestly, I think it was my nutrition!

Ultimately, it comes down to never giving up. As long as I strive to do better I'm ahead of the game!

No comments: