Tuesday, April 12, 2011

67 Days - Ouch!

I got up this morning and it wasn't raining!!! I was actually going to get to run with my running group! I was very excited so up I got and out the door I went. I was at our meeting place at 4:23 am unfortunately, they had changed the time to 4:45 and forgot to tell me. No biggie but I was starting to wonder if anyone was coming and almost made a phone call when the first car showed up.

Anyway, there were a lot of people there (8 I think) which was a really nice change over my last couple of runs (either by myself or with 1 other person). Now don't get me wrong, those runs are nice but it really was great to get most of the group together. Different people were running different distances (according to where they are in their race training). My friend who is running Boston was running 3 miles and since I ran last night, I had planned on that as well. So off we went! However, there was a problem. When I started, I felt this pain/tightness in my left hamstring. It isn't a "I pulled my hamstring" type pain but it was and is pretty sore. It loosened up a bit during the run but has since tightened back up again.

The part that concerns me is that I don't know what is causing the pain. I'm thinking it may have been running on the grass at the baseball field last night. Maybe I tweaked it running on the uneven ground. I didn't really feel anything last night but it is the only thing I can think of. I hope after some stretching and maybe some ice will help it calm down and that I can run again on Thursday. It is a 3 mile run and luckily I don't have any lower body workouts planned for tomorrow which will give me good rest day before the Thursday run.

"Do Your Best & Forget The Rest!"

No comments: