Friday, April 15, 2011

64 Days

I find it very interesting how differently I view my workouts now that I have completed Insanity. The runs that I used to find challenging seem to leave me wanting. The P90X workouts that used to have me sweating bullets don't offer that same sensation. In many ways, I view this as a good thing. I means that I am in better shape now than I was a year ago. The bad thing is that I'm feeling a bit empty after my workouts. I am still taking it a bit easy with my runs since I'm just getting back into multiple runs in a week plus my hamstring is bothering me. I don't really know what to do about it but I'll be interested to see how much I can do when I get things going at 100%.

I think I may have strained the hamstring Monday while I was running on the grass. It doesn't really bother me during my day to day activities but I can "feel" it when I run. So far I've been able to log 10 miles this week and I have 12 miles scheduled for tomorrow. That will be a huge increase over my prior weeks. So I will really need to pay close attention to how my leg is feeling. The last thing I want is a prolonged leg injury. That being said, I am just chomping at the bit to get out there and run hard. I feel like I'm losing all the cardio that I built up with Insanity!!

Back to Insanity - I got my shirt! I'm very proud of it and I had my daughter take some pictures. Did I mention that I really don't like to have my picture taken?! I will post them though!

I'm also very interested in the Insanity: The Asylum program. It is geared more toward athletic performance and looks absolutely intense! The only thing I'm not sure of is if you need a pull-up bar. It uses weights, an agility ladder and a jump rope so it incorporates more than Insanity. I don't know how I would incorporate it into my routine but with the summer coming up I may be able to double up on some workouts.

One last thing: Here's a great big shout out to my friends running the Boston Marathon on Monday. I know, deep down in my heart, that they are both going to have awesome races! I'm looking forward to being able to track their progress on Monday. I will be getting email updates on their progress.

GOOD LUCK HELENANN AND JESS!

No comments: