Friday, April 29, 2011

50 Days and Still Counting!

I know I've posted this before but it is just amazing to me how fast time flies! There are only 50 more days until the race. I'm proud of how consistent I've been with my workouts but I'm really looking forward to getting in some more challenging runs. It's been tough going hard because everyone else in the group was tapering down (plus my bum hammy didn't help). However, I think it is time to get busy!!

Today's workout was P90X Chest & Back and it went well. It was also my last P90X workout for a while. I'm taking a recovery week next week and then doing a week of Insanity. I'm hoping that this shift will really move me toward the high level of CV conditioning that I will need for the race. However, I will admit that I'm a bit nervous about jumping back into the Insanity program. My initial plan was to do this month at the month 2 level but I think I might change that just a touch. I will be doing 4 weeks of Insanity so my "new" plan is to do 2 weeks of month 1 and 2 weeks of month 2. My right shoulder has also been bugging me a touch and I don't know whether the Insanity will bother it or not - I will have to be careful!

I did really well with my food yesterday. We went out for our special Cheesecake Factory family dinner last night. I was able to get a lunch portion (size) and then only ate 1/2 of the meal. This allowed me some extra calories that I used on some chocolate mousse cheesecake. I shared with my daughter and let her eat the majority of the piece. It was great enjoying the wonderful flavors but not completely overdoing it and feeling stuffed afterwards!! I didn't see any drop on the scale but I had cheesecake and didn't see an increase either! Now the goal is to keep moving forward and not get complacent about how things are going. It is not an easy thing - losing weight - so I need to be diligent but not obsessive! I need to strive towards making this a true lifestyle shift and not another short lived "diet" change.

Today's meals will be a little tough. I'll be away from my kitchen so I don't really know what will be available. However, my plan is to make the best choices available to me and to have some nutrition bars on hand so I don't ever get too hungry. I know I can do it!

One more thing really surprised me about today! Yesterday I spent about 45 minutes on my bike and I really thought my butt would be sore. Not really muscle soreness but that "I've been sitting on a really hard bike seat for 45 minutes" type of bone soreness. I don't really know what it means but I'm just happy it doesn't hurt to sit down!!

Until later!

No comments: