Friday, April 22, 2011

57 Days

I am so glad that I did my Insanity workout last night. It felt great to get that awesome sweat going again. I also slept like a baby! My hubby even got up in the middle of the night and I was sleeping so soundly that I didn't hear or feel a thing!!

I have the day off today (start of Spring Break - yippee!) so I actually slept in for about 30 minutes. I felt really good this morning! I did my P90X Chest and Back routine and felt really strong. I didn't feel like doing the ARX workout so I modified by doing an ab routine from my Cathe Ab Hits DVD. It was basic crunches but it was also a nice change. I've been doing a lot of core work (no crunches) with the Insanity, Hip Hop Abs & ARX and none of them do crunches. Part of me really likes that but another part "likes" (maybe that's too strong a word - LOL) the burn you get with 15 or so minutes of constant crunches - with variations of course! As Tony says: "Variation is the key!" Just like I love to do his (and Shaun T's) crazy variations there is something to be said for performing the old standbys. These exercises have been around forever because they work and are effective!

Anyway, there is lots of fun planned for the day! I'm taking the kids and the puppy to the trails this morning to get some more exercise. Then after lunch I'm taking the kids to see "Hop". It looks like a fun movie and I think it will be a lot of fun. My kids love to go to the movie theater and we don't do it very often because it is so darn expensive. So, it always seems like a great treat when we do go!! Then later today the rain is supposed to move in - I'm really getting tired of all the rain we've had lately. Everything is absolutely saturated!

Gotta get a move on - I'm boiling eggs for later (trying to tie-dye the eggs this year). I also want to get to the park early so we beat the rain. I may update later if something great happens at the park!! Have a great day!

No comments: