Tuesday, April 05, 2011

74 Days....It's been a while!

Man has life been crazy over the past few days! We've had lots of sporting events and my cold has definitely kicked into high gear. But we are all making it through!

Saturday was a big sports day but it started with me not sleeping very well. I was supposed to run in the morning but was awake all night coughing. I was afraid that I would be able to make it to the kids sports events so I decided not to run in the hopes that it would allow me to make it through the day. It worked! It started with Will's opening day activities, which I missed most of. I then took Ally to her first soccer game. They did very well but at the end of the game we realized that her team from the fall was still together and she wasn't placed on it. This was after 2 weeks of working on getting her to a team closer to home. Needless to say, I went up to the office and got her switched to the old team - she is very happy as am I.

Then we moved to Will's baseball game. The team did well and won the game. The kids played many positions and although they started off razzing each other, they came together and played well as a team. Will struck out twice which didn't make him very happy but I was pleased with the way he handled himself. We still need to work on his hitting a moving ball but he really seems to be having fun so I'm happy!

Sunday came and we went to visit our friends in Middletown. We all had a great time - including all of our dogs (they have 2 ). The dogs get along really well and always have a lot of fun. We all love going to their house and I will miss them when they go to OK for the summer.

Monday brought more sports. Ally had a soccer clinic Monday night and Will had baseball practice. I was able to do my Legs & Back workout in the morning and then got a 3 mile run in at Ally's practice. It was a beautiful day and I really wanted to take advantage of it. Running in the heat of the day is very hard for me because I never do it. It was good to do something different.

Today brought rain and cold weather again. It also brought really sore muscles for me!!! My butt is so sore it isn't even funny - but I LOVE it! I had another bad night sleeping last night so I didn't exercise this morning but I'm doing my Shoulder & Arms tomorrow morning. Off to a meeting tonight so I'm off.

No comments: