Sunday, April 10, 2011

69 Days - WOW!

I'm finding it hard to believe that there are only 69 days left until my race! It seems like just a few days ago I started this countdown. It just goes to show you how important it is to make every day count! When you skip days or give into the "The Beast" you lose that day and you can never get it back. Is it the end of the world - definitely not but it is a day lost. Strive to be YOUR best just for today! Then tomorrow do the same thing and the day after that and the day after that. Before you know it......you have reached a goal that you never thought you would. That is how I'm going to go about these next 69 days!

Things have been a bit up and down recently because of my cold. I have not been sleeping well so I missed one of my runs (plus my other 2 runs were pretty low mileage). This week I'm planning on getting out for all 3 of my runs! Tuesday will be 5-6 miles but Thursday will be a low mileage day (about 3 miles). I'm meeting with my friend who is running Boston next week. It will give me a chance to catch up with her, give her encouragement and give me a low mileage/easier day before a 12 miler on Saturday.

My lifting sessions have been awesome! I did all 3 of them this week and did 2 sessions of Ab Ripper X. I didn't get the 3rd one in because my puppy decided to sit on my lap and get some lovin'. This is a huge problem when your puppy is about 84 pound (9 months old) - he's a big boy!!! I'm OK with that though because I did get some ab work in my yoga session today. Doing the yoga &/or stretching DVDs are going to be very important for me. The P90X workouts all have warm-up and cool-down stretching in them but I was still VERY tight this morning. I didn't even realize just how tight I was. The first hamstring stretch of the session was hard!! I feel so much better now.

I have been maintaining my 157#. I happy that I haven't put on weight because my eating hasn't been as good as I would like. Not awful but not really tight like it was during the last few weeks of Insanity. I've been telling myself that it was due to my cold but deep down, I know that BULL. I'm just not being as precise as I should be - see first paragraph!!! Make each day count!!! That is my mantra for today (and the next week). I want to keep an eye on the future but focus on today. Does a busy schedule make this a challenge - sure it does but it can be done if I plan. Today will be church (I teach Sunday school), lunch out and then baseball practice and a healthy dinner at home. This means I will be away from home for a big portion of the day. When I'm finished here I will sit down and plan out the rest of my day so that I have healthy options during the entire day. Planning is the key and when I give into "The Beast" is us usually because I haven't planned my day well enough.

Planning, being consistent in all aspects of my fitness & persistence create a combination that cannot be beat!

No comments: