Sunday, December 31, 2006

Weekend workouts

I took a day off yesterday. I don't do that very often but I just felt like I needed it. I was not an uneventful day though. We were very busy and didn't really stop much.

Today's workout consisted of a fast-paced walk. We are also planning of getting to our local State Park for a hike with the kids. I haven't done that in so long - I am REALLY looking forward to it! I am not going to lift today because I am starting my HST ( Hypertophy Specific Training) program tomorrow. It consists of an all out max testing session (15 reps). I can't remember if I've discussed this or not but it is a program that Coach Tom at LL recommended to help me build muscle and maintain some cardio fitness at the same time. The program I will be using is a full body workout 3 times per week. I've also spoken to others at Club Lifestyle and everybody gives it great reviews. I'm excited to give it a try. I will say that I really enjoyed getting back to the POF routines and will definitely get back to them some time in the future.

Have a Happy New Year everyone!!

No comments: