Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Out of Action Phase:-(

I have definitely moved out of action phase. My life seems to have been taken over with Christmas preparations. Not only am I trying to get my family ready for Christmas but I've also added the extra responsibility of getting my classes ready for it as well. I know that this year will be especially tough because I've never had to do it before - hopefully I will learn from this year and be better able to manage next year.

I thought I had started preparing early enough but I will definitely start just a touch early next year - with my home stuff that is. We can't really start any earlier at school in terms of doing projects with the kids. However, I am hoping the planning process will be better next year. It really is a whole new world - I love teaching but it is a touch more difficult when it is a co-teaching situation. There have been many times when neither of us were completely sure what was going to happen next. We need to find a better way of communicating what is going to happen next. We are taking it one day at a time and learning things from each other.

Anyway, with all this going on I feel like I have lost some of my "fire" on the fitness front. I'm feeling very tired and I know some of that is because I'm not on my normal routine. I need to find a way to get back in the groove. Having the Christmas "treats" around isn't helping either. I am definitely the type of person that does better when I just don't have the "treats" anywhere near me. Should I not do all my holiday baking, probably but it brings a lot of joy to the people I give them to and I love getting my hands in their and making things. I feel like it shows the people I'm giving them to that I really do care. I cared enough to spend that time making them something instead of buying it.

I guess this is just one of the cycles in life. Right now I'm definitely in a downward phase in terms of my fitness. I don't really have a goal right now and that is probably part of the problem. I'm not sure where I want to go right now. Maybe I need to talk to Coach and see if he has any suggestions.

No comments: