Monday, December 18, 2006

Chest Day - Monday

I had a really good workout this morning. I'm really enjoying this POF routine. However, I'm not completely decided on whether I'm going to stick with it. I've been speaking with my LL buddy Liz, who is also a Figure Competetor and she suggested a full body routine 3 days per week. I've got some thinking to do about the subject but at least for this week I'll be continuing with the POF routine.

Here are my numbers:
Modified superset
Bench press 3x8 @ 30/32.5/32.5
Decline fly 2x8 @ 20
Superset
Hands together pushups - max(15) on knees
Decline fly 1x8 @ 15
Modified superset
Incline bench 2x8 @ 25/27.5
Incline fly 2x8 @ 20
Superset
Hands together push-ups - max (15) on knees
Incline fly 1x8 @ 15

I'm planning on some increases next time around - the weights were heavy but I think I could increase just a touch. I was really trying to concentrate on going slow and squeezing the muscles. I know that makes all the difference in your training session but it is something I don't always do.

Tomorrow is my back routine. I will occassionally get spasms in my back and neck areas so I'm a touch nervous to try and go heavy. In fact, today I could feel a muscle sort of "tweeking" so I've put a heat pack on it to try and loosen it before it can ever tighten up on me. I'm not going to get all worked up about it because it may never happen.

No comments: