Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Wednesday - Back/CV

Back is a tough area for me to work. I have to do all my exercises with dumbbells and tubing so it can be difficult to get a really good back workout. I'm thinking about getting a pull-up bar (one that screws into the door frame) and that would help a lot. I can't do many (if any) pull-ups but would love to be able to and I used to have a bar that I could hang over and around the door (removable) but boy did it tear up my door frame. Since getting rid of that bar I've had to try and find ways to work my back with limited equipment. However, overall I think today was a good workout. I concentrated on increasing reps today and back day, I will concentrate on increasing weights.

Here's the workout:
Modified supersets
Lat pulldowns 3x10-12 w/ blue tubing
Scapular retrations 2x10-12 @15#

Drop sets
Pullovers x10 @ 20#; x9 @ 15#
Pullovers x9 @ 20#; x8 @ 15#

Modified superset
Chest supported rows 2x12 @20#
Rear delts 2x12 @ 20#

Drop sets
Forward lean shrug 2x12(11) @ 30/25#

After lifting session, I was able to get out for a 30 minute run. The wind was making it feel pretty hard but I was able to maintain a pace of 8:30 per mile and covered 3.45 miles. It has been a while since I've gotten out for a run so I'm pleased with the time and the effort.

Side note: my husband got me the coolest present for Christmas. He saw an article about these gloves that have a light on the back (thin red strip) that you can turn on and have it either be a steady light or a flashing light. I wore it for the first time today and it worked great. It is very dark, at this time of year, when I go out for my runs so I love to have as much on as I can to help drivers see me. The gloves are also very comfortable and have nice finger grips on the inside too.

No comments: