Friday, April 06, 2007

Week in Review 4/6/07

This week has been pretty good on the exercise front. I've gotten in 9.5 miles of running (with another 7 on tap for tomorrow) plus 2 more days of cross-training. Today is supposed to be a rest day but I think I'll try to get out for a walk or something a little later - nothing super strenuous but I still want to do something.

My eating has been better the past 2 days. I decided or a leverage for my current goal (I think I wrote about it on a previous post) and it has already started to pay dividends. There were a number of times yesterday when I wanted to go trolling but stopped and thought about my check being sent to an organization that I despised and having to tell my husband that the group would now have our name and address. It stopped me right in my tracks - I will make my goal!!

The added benefit is that I've actually started to see some drops on the scale. I know that I've definitely started to feel better and carry myself in a more positive way since I've gotten back into the groove this past couple of weeks. As a nice little reward for myself, I'm actually taking the time this morning for a nice little hair color touch-up. I'm not really one to do things for myself so it always feels kind of weird when I do take the time for me. I know that is not a good way to be but it is what it is. I've tried to make those goals of doing something for me but then I look at the money it would cost and I wimp out and don't do it. I know there are "free" things I could do but such is life I guess. The weird/sad part is that my husband wouldn't care if I went out and spent some money on myself - it is all on my shoulders. I'm doing it to myself.

I took a break while writing this to finish my hair. It looks good but it is probably a shade too dark. I don't like hair that look like there is an abrupt change. Also when you go too dark it looks "fake" - yes I know it is fake but you don't want it to look that way! Next time I touch up my hair I will definitely go a shade lighter.

I'm really looking forward to the next week. We are on Spring Break! We don't have a lot planned but we are going to take the kids to the Baltimore Aquarium. I haven't been there since I was a little kid and am really looking forward to it as well. Speaking of kids - I hear mine starting to stir so I will end this entry.

No comments: