Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Tuesday 4/24/07

I'm feeling pretty good today. Yesterday, my butt was pretty sore as were my groin muscles - not to the point of incapacitation though. I was able to do some body weight lifting yesterday (only doing body weight because my elbow is flared up again and holding the weights increases the soreness) as well as "Action Day" in gym class. Overall I felt yesterday was a good "day after" type of a day.

This morning I woke up and did a 3 miler. I was a little tight at the beginning but really started to loosen up as I went. I'm now moving into my next training program but I'm not sure I want to go with it. I had planned to combine a number of Hal Higdon programs as a build up to my marathon training. However, now that I've built up a good distance base, I don't know if I want to drop it back in miles. My long run would drop all the way back to 5 miles and then take me another month to get back up to the 8 miler that I did a couple of weeks ago. If there is anyone out there that has a suggestion as to how I should/could proceed, I would love to hear from you. I've been running for quite a while but I still haven't mastered the ability of creating my own training programs!

I'm also feeling pretty good about my weight right now. I'm at 137 which is behind schedule on my LL plan but I think I will still be able to make my 135 goal by May 9th! I have a little over 2 weeks and I feel like I can really knock this thing out!

No comments: