Saturday, April 07, 2007

I had one of THOSE workouts.........

ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!!
I felt like I was floating on air. I ran 7 miles using a run:walk (9:1minutes) technique and still had an average pace of 8:50 per mile. I couldn't believe it!! I knew I was having a good run because every time I looked down at my Forerunner my pace read in the 8:30 range. I did not feel like I was going that fast.
When I do my long runs, I just let my body choose the pace. I don't really shoot for anything in particular I just let my legs and my breathing let me know how fast to go. I just can't describe how awesome today was.
I also realised something while I was running. The miles just fly by when I use the run:walk technique. I pretty much focus on smaller 10 minute segments and before I know it, I'm more than 1/2 way done the workout. I think it is also helping my legs by adding in the walks. I could feel some fatigue toward the end of the workout but when you only have a mile or so left you can mentally just push yourself through the rest of the workout. Besides, if I didn't feel some tiredness it wouldn't be a sufficient workout - you need to constantly push yourself just a touch if you want to progress.
Well, I guess that's it for now. I'm off to enjoy this feeling I have. Reality will hit again tomorrow - trying to avoid all the sugar that will be flying around. At least 2 Easter egg hunts and 3 baskets each for the kids. I really need my leverage to keep me on the straight path right now!!

No comments: