Saturday, April 14, 2007

What a great day!

The day started out with a great run - it was my long run for the week (8 miles). I decided to try taking in some fuel during this run. I tried some Sports Beans at about 30 minutes into the run. They tasted good but I wonder if they would be too hard to eat multiple times while running. The good news is that I didn't notice any stomach problems after I ate them. If anybody out there is actually reading this and has any input on fueling during long runs I would love any feedback you could offer.

I'm not sure if it was the fuel but I had a great run. My pace was 8:34/mile - significantly faster than last week. It felt harder than last week but not to the point where I felt like I was really struggling. I just felt like my legs were a touch tired. Then after I got home, we decided to take the kids to the Philadelphia Zoo. We figured that we did a good 2 hours of actual walking - I just thought my legs were tired during the run (LOL).

My eating hasn't been great today - doing lots of eating out and on the run. I will definitely try to clean it up the rest of today and definitely tomorrow.

No comments: