Sunday, April 22, 2007

Pre-race jitters are starting!

I woke up this morning just like I usually do and was feeling pretty good. Now that I've gotten on the computer though, I can feel that nervousness starting to kick in. It isn't a bad feeling - I actually kind of like it. My biggest concern on these days is the bathroom. I really have a tendency to need the bathroom when I run. I don't know what it is about my body but I always seem to have to take a dump during my long runs. I've had to move my weekend long runs to a local park area that has port-a-pots. I mapped myself out a figure-8 type course that passes the bathroom over and over again just in case I have to stop. I would much rather be out on the roads and see the different scenery when I run but every time I do that (for long runs) I get out there in no mans land and have to go.

Other than that I'm confident about the day. I know I can run the distance (10K). The course is a loop course and it is in a hilly area. From the race description, it sounds as if the beginning is downhill and the end is uphill. But it is in a really pretty area so I'm going to do my best to ignore the hills, enjoy the scenery and run by butt off. I don't really have a goal time in my head but a lot of my training runs (with walking) have been between 8:30 and 8:50 pace - I'm planning on running the whole distance so if I can be between 8:15 and 8:30 I'll be pleased.

Well, off to eat a good breakfast!

No comments: