Sunday, April 29, 2007

Weekend Concerns and Other Stuff

Concern 1 is that my eating has been less than stellar. I'm not sure what is going on. I am so close to my goal of 135# and I was doing really well with my eating and then all of a sudden I find myself eating all this crap. The one thing that has been pretty consistent has been my exercising - the 10K race was such a thrill and then I took it a bit easy for a couple of days but then got right back into it. That leads me to Concern 2 - Saturday I had planned to do a 6 mile run but at about 4.5 miles I started to get this "twinge" in my lower leg. It wasn't a sharp pain and it wasn't really crampy but I decided to do the smart thing and stop running. I walked back to my car and then did some stretching before going home. My exercising is the thing that has been keeping me sane - I couldn't afford to lose it. Luckily, this morning it felt good so I went out for that 6 miler I wanted to run yesterday. It was a good run - not real fast (about 9 m/m) - and I used the run/walk technique. I was glad to get it in.

Now onto better news - I just signed up for The Bell Supply Ten Miler. It is being run in conjunction with the Delaware Marathon. I'm really excited about it for a number of reasons. One, we will begin the race with the marathoners so I will get a feel for what the whole marathon experience will be like. Two, it will be a pretty big race so I will find out what it is like to run in a Big crowd. Finally, the race will be using transponder timing and I've never used that before. I will be a great experience and probably the best part to the whole day will be the fact that it is close to home - I won't have to find a place to stay or anything like that. I will sleep in my bed and eat my own food etc.

No comments: