Saturday, March 31, 2007

Saturday 3/31/07

I had a great 6 miler this morning. The weather was cold but not bitter and windy. I don't mind running when it is cold but I hate running in the wind! The best part was the beautiful sunrise I was able to witness. Words can't really express (at least not mine) how beautiful it was. I happened to pass a gentleman, coming toward me, right after I really noticed how pretty it was. He was just starring at it too.

I was also pleased with the effort of the run. I started out using the run 9 min/walk 1 min technique but then finished the last couple miles just running. My pace ended up being about 8:50/mile for the 6 miles - even with the walking bouts.

Then I ended up spending about 1.5 hours helping clean up one of the local baseball fields. My kids Tball league was having a field clean-up day. I worked my butt off this morning - I have the blisters to show for it. I ended up eating too much as a result (I felt super hungry all day long) so I will definitely have to buckle down this week.

I set a goal, at Club Lifestyle, of losing 6 pounds in 7 weeks so I have my plan all printed out. I need to sit down and create my specific meal plans but I'm feeling good about the direction I'm heading. There is a 10K I want to sign up for and I still need to pick my charity for my leverage but I definitely feel like I'm making progress.

Time to get ready for bed!

No comments: