Saturday, March 17, 2007

Inconsistent

The title is perfect for not only my posting but also for my fitness program. I have been dropping lots of bucks to my hubby because I haven't been following my program. For every goal I don't check off. on my LL list, I owe my hubby $5. There is a bunch of dollars not going into my savings fund because of my inconsistent performances. I really wish I could put my finger on the reasons for my problems. I've been struggling with them for quite some time now. A couple of times I thought I had it all figured out only to find myself struggling again in less than a week. But, as I posted before, I will never give up so if you look at the big picture I'm ahead of the game. Now all I have to do is get the smaller picture in better focus.

The positive for today has been my workout. I was supposed to run 5 miles today but we had a descent ice storm yesterday so the roads were a mess. I decided to sleep in a bit (I slept until 7am and I can't remember the last time I stayed in bed that late - it felt GREAT! I think I needed it.) and then did a bike workout in the afternoon. I really busted my butt for 55 awesome minutes. It also appears that the roads have cleared enough for me to run tomorrow morning before church. I may have to do a lot of little loops in my neighborhood but I need to start getting those miles in on my legs. My cardiovascular conditioning is pretty good (at the MD's the other day my heart rate was 56 bpm) but I need to get my legs used to the pounding of running.

My friend Katrina runs her 1/2 marathon tomorrow and I can't wait to hear how she does. We are planning on signing up for the Marine Corp Marathon in the fall so she has a great base under her already. I know I wouldn't be able to cover that distance right now. However, I can usually get up to speed relatively quickly if I can get out on the roads consistently - I am SO ready for the weather to get warmer and stay warmer!

No comments: