Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sunday 3/25

I had a really good run this morning. I went 6 miles and my pace was around 9:25 /mile. I'm using a run - walk technique on my long runs. My friend Katrina uses it and we are planning on using this technique when we run our marathon. We want to run it together so I'm trying to get used to the technique. We are using a ratio of 9 minutes of running to 1 minute of walking. It is somewhat hard to adjust to the slower paces but I have a feeling it will be better for my legs in the long run. I've decided that I'm not going to use it for any runs shorter than 5 miles.

Nutrition has yet again been a struggle today. I can't figure out why I'm having such a hard time staying away from the CRAP! But, tomorrow is another day and I will continue to strive for a better day.

If there is anyone out there who actually reads my blog & knows computer "stuff", I have a question for you. I would like to add a chart to my sidebar where I can update my running mileage. I think it would be cool to watch my mileage change over the course of a year. However, I can't figure out how to get one on the sidebar. Also, I never know where to add things in the code so that it doesn't mess up the rest of the screen. Any help would be appreciated!

No comments: