Friday, March 23, 2007

Last night was a great run!

Jen Rhines

Yesterday morning was not a good morning energy-wise. I felt exhausted so I decided to not go out and exercise. In some ways, I think it was a big mistake I agree with Coach David when he says that if you just don't feel like exercising you should probably go anyway - you'll feel better afterwards. But on the other hand, I think it is also important to listen to your body. It can make for a rough inward dialog!

Anyway, I knew that I needed to make a point of getting out for a run. I'm looking to run in a 10K next month and then my normal 15K and hopefully the Marine Corp Marathon in October (hopefully some others over the summer as well). I've been doing a lot of bike training and need to start getting some miles on my legs. Well, after letting dinner settle, I got myself out on the road and felt really good. I ran my scheduled 3 miles at a pace of just over 8 min/mile.

I've also started my strengthening exercises for my arm. It was a bit sore yesterday but feeling pretty good today. I called the MD to get a refill on my Naproxen prescription just to make sure that I totally wipe this thing out. I'm hoping that I will be able to start some really lifting next week. I will start light and work my way up.

Today has been OK - it is a cross training day so I did just under 30 minutes of Taebo this morning and will get on my bike a bit later today. Eating has been OK so far today too. This is the area that I've been struggling the most with. My body really wants to stay at my current weight - about 138. I'm trying to decide whether I want to stay here for awhile or whether I want to push my way through to 130-135 and then try and stay there.

I'll try and update later on how my 2nd workout went.
Addendum:
Well the evening completely got away from me. I ended up finishing up my homework instead of getting my 2nd exercise session completed. To be honest, I'm not sure where my priority lies with those two choices. I am learning a great deal with my class and I need to have the credits for my job (so I need to do well). The problem is, there is a lot of homework involved with the class - lots of reading a writing article reviews and observing children in different situations with write-ups. It isn't really "hard" work but it is time consuming and right now we are in the meatiest section of the course - Child Development. I'm not happy that I didn't get the extra workout in but I'm content with my decision. Tomorrow's workout will depend on the weather. If it is not raining, I'm going for a 6 mile run. If it is raining I will do a 60 minutes Cross on my bike.

No comments: