Saturday, March 24, 2007

Trying to be more consistent - with everything!

As the title suggests, I'm going to try and write more consistently and stick to my program more consistently too. If there are any regular readers out there, please feel free to check up on me and demand regular check-ins. I love the accountability!!

This morning didn't really start the way I had planned - I forgot to set my alarm so I woke up about 45 min. later than I had planned. I had decided, last night, that I would do my Drill Max DVD instead of my bike so when I got up I went down and did my workout. I finished about 50 minutes of the DVD before my son and husband came downstairs. I had originally wanted to get 60 minutes completed but I didn't think it was fair to them to have to sit there and watch me exercise to a DVD.

This particular workout combines cardio and some weight training. It was the first weight training I had done in a while because of my arm. So far it feels pretty good so I'm really hoping that I will be able to get back into my lifting soon. The arm is not completely healed - still have some discomfort on and off - but I'm encouraged by the progress.

I've been trying some new supplements lately - by BSN and they taste very good! I've been using the NO-XPLODE (not sure how much of an effect it makes). It is a pre-workout energy igniter and the literature states that you will feel the energy and the focus is about 30 minutes. However, most of the time I don't really feel much change. Not sure if I need a bigger dose or if it just doesn't work for me. I'm not usually affected much by things like caffeine so there is a good possibility that it just won't do much for me. However, the product I'm most excited about is their protein powder Syntha-6. Yesterday I tasted the Vanilla Ice Cream flavor and it was out of this world! I also have sample packets of Chocolate and Strawberry and am very excited to give them a try. I'm also hoping that they make variety packs of these but I have a feeling they don't. If they don't, I have quite a bit of protein powder to finish up before I get anymore. However, when I do finish them I will definitely get some of the BSN flavors.

Nutrition has been my biggest problem. I've been making my plans but not sticking to them. I have been munching during the afternoons and that needs to stop. It hasn't been bad food but the volume ends up being too much and I'm not losing any weight. I've actually been staying pretty consistent at about 138. I need to really try and get serious and get myself down to 135. Hopefully, I will then be able to maintain that weight - I think I will feel better there. I know 3 pounds doesn't sound like much but it can make a difference in my clothes.

Time to get the day started.

No comments: