Monday, August 07, 2006

Where did the weekend go?

WOW - Monday already! I had a great weekend but it went by really quickly. My workouts were great and best of all my weight dropped to 136 pounds! That means I'm only 3 pounds away from my goal!

I also got some really great news in the mail the other day. I had some blood work done a week or so ago. My physical is this week and I wanted to have the results done in time for that visit. The doctors office sent the results to my house. My TC is 156; my TG are 91; my HDL is 45; & my LDL is 93. The HDL came down a little from my last results but everything else is significantly better than it was in January. In reality, my January results scared me just a touch. They weren't really "bad" but they were high enough that I realized I wasn't immune to poor health. The one thing that surprised me was that my HDL went from 52 to 45 - exercise has a big impact on this value and I'm doing a boat load of exercise. I'll take the exchange though!

I woke up to rain this morning so I did a bike workout instead of a run. I also completed an upper body lifting routine today. I decided to go high reps today (3 X 25). It gave a great pump to my upper body.

Work hard, eat right & reach for your goals!

No comments: