Wednesday, August 16, 2006

What a Workout!!

Today was my speedwork day. The workout consisted of a 5 min. warm-up, 1 mile jog, 5 X 800 repeats (1/4 mile in between each 800) and then a 5 min. cool-down. My goal is to run the 800s in about 3:30 (7 min/mile pace). My times were as follows: 3:35 (not bad); 3:37 (pretty close); 3:29 (right on); 3:27 (right on); 2:57 (WHAT WAS I THINKING!). I'm not sure what happened on that last one but boy did it kick my butt. I am so glad it was the last one because after running that pace I'm not sure I would have been able to do many more. I just remember thinking to myself that I have to push through this last one. I use my Forerunner and it beeps when you go either too fast or too slow but does tell you what the pace is (or at least I haven't figured out how to find that number). I knew I was going faster than my target pace but I had no idea that I was going that much faster than my target pace. The thing that really blows my mind is that people run at this pace for entire marathons - WOW!!!

I still have to do my upper body lifting routine later today. I still have to figure out exactly what weights I'm going to use but I will do that as soon as I'm done here. I have not been as excited about my lifting sessions as my running sessions. I seem to go through phases during the year. At some points I am really focused on the lifting aspect and at other times I am really focused on the aerobic portion. I never stop either one but I really notice a difference in my excitement level as I approach the workout. I wonder if that is normal for most people???

We are also planning of going to Bike and Hike tonight. I think I am going to try and have Ally ride her bike with me running next to her. Bill can ride my bike with Will in the bike seat. They will obviously ride on ahead and go back and forth while I stick with Ally. I'm not sure how far we will be able to go but I'm really looking forward to it.

My nutrition has been really good the past couple of days and I'm well on my way to making today another great day. My weight has gotten down to 135.5# so know I only have 1 more pound to lose in order to reach my leverage goal. I am so close to my ultimate goal of 133! I really need to just buckle down and go for the goal!

Work hard, eat right & reach for your goals!!!

No comments: