Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Bit Of A Blunder This Morning

I got up this morning all psyched to do my 5 mile run. I got out of bed nice and early, got dressed and was out the door by 5:01 am. I was running a new route and I think that was part of the excitement. It was pretty warm and humid (75 degrees & 81% humidity) this morning. Made me realize just how cool it had been the past few days.

Anyway, I get out there and I felt pretty good. My pace was around 8:30 for the 5 miles. Everything is good right? That was until I looked at my training schedule and realized that I should have run 6 miles! I know it is not going to make any difference what-so-ever but it still frustrates me that I wasn't paying enough attention to my program!!!

On the positive side, my eating has been right on the past 2 days. Yesterday was perfect and as of lunch today is as well. I even kept myself strong today when this yummy pastry smell made its way past me. It smell sooooooo good but I just stopped, thought about my goals and stayed away. I have to say that I was quite proud of myself!

Lately, I've been really interested in triathlons. I just recently finished a book, I think it was called "Be IronFit" (or something similar) and I really enjoyed it. Last night I got a book called "Your First Triathlon". I've not read much of it but it seems interesting. I don't belong to a pool so I won't be training for a triathlon any time in the near future but I hope to some day. I'm trying to talk Bill into joining the Y - not only would it be cool for me but I think it would be good for the kids too. They could get swim lessons as well as all the other activities they could participate in. I'm not sure if it is in the budget but hopefully we will be able to make it work. I'm not real sure Bill wants to even think about it either. I guess I'll just have to wait. I'll enjoy all the reading in the meantime.

Work hard, eat right and reach for your goals!

No comments: