Friday, August 25, 2006

Busy, busy, busy!

This week has been crazy! I don't feel like I stopped all week. School will be starting soon and as a first year teacher, I have a lot to do to get not only myself ready but the room also. I finally got a look at my class list and I have 16 kids in my M,W,F class and 5 in my T,R class. There is still a lot of work to do in the classroom because there is a lot of "crap" leftover in the room. It is going to so much better after we sift through everything and get the rest organized.

I think all the work at school is rubbing off here at home too. Today was the only day all week that I was able to stay at home and get things done. I worked my butt off here today. Unfortunately no one seemed to notice (at least they didn't say anything). Anyway, I'm thrilled with my production today even if no one else is impressed.

My workout wasn't so hot this morning - 2 mile run that I walked a good portion of because my foot started to hurt. This is really the first time I've experience it during a run. I've been having some occasional pain on the top of my right foot. I'm not sure what is causing it and I would be lying if I said that it doesn't concern me. It doesn't have the symptoms of a stress fracture so I'm happy about that! It starts to bother me when I get up on my toes - so I've been trying to avoid that position. I don't think it is my mileage increases because there hasn't been any huge increases (following a Hal Higdon plan) and I have over 120 miles on my current running shoes so it isn't from a sudden change in shoes.

I've decided to just wait it out a bit. I'm trying to ice 3-4 times a day. There is no visible swelling or bruising so I'm not taking any meds. I'll give the ice some time to do it's thing and go from there. I pray that it isn't anything serious and that it won't affect my race.

Work hard, eat right and reach for your goals!

No comments: