Saturday, August 12, 2006

Feeling good today!

Last night, I fell asleep at 6:30 pm and slept until 8 pm. I didn't really intend to fall asleep but it sure did feel good! I felt good this morning too. I'm not sure if it was the extra sleep or not but I'll take what I can get!

I had a 7 mile run scheduled and I ran it over at Delcastle. Actually, I ran around the neighborhood surrounding the park. It turned out to be about a 3.5 mile loop (so I ran it twice). I had to stop for the bathroom twice (very unusual) and my stomach, at times, felt a tiny bit crampy. I think I'm going to try eating a bagel or something before I run to see how my stomach react to that - especially on Saturdays when I do my long run. I really enjoyed the different scenery. It just felt good to get away from the same old path I usually run.

Other than the stomach and bathroom "problems" the run felt pretty good. My pace was right around 9 min/mile. I'm unsure whether I should be trying to run my longer runs at a faster pace or whether the one day per week, of tempo and speedwork, will be sufficient to hit my target pace. I'm not sure who to ask - maybe I'll try some running message boards.

The day is winding down - I think I might go for an easy spin on the bike trainer.

Work hard, eat right and reach your goals!

No comments: