Sunday, August 20, 2006

It feels like forever since my last posting.

I think my brain is on overload lately. Mentally I think I'm wearing down - the weight loss and the training for the 15K is taking it's toll. I realized the other day that I've been really concentrating on the weight loss since April. I'm wondering if the trouble I've been having lately is because it has been so long non-stop. Add on to that all the training I've been doing and I just think it is starting to wear me down. Physically I still feel great! My training has been going well and I'm still not only having fun with it but also looking forward to the workouts.

This week is my goal week for reaching my 133# goal weight. If I really focus on what I need to do, I will reach my goal and be able to go into a maintenance phase until after my race is over. I wake up every morning with my goals set and my nutrition plan made but for some reason, during the past few weeks, I've been having a really hard time sticking to my plans. The past 2 days I haven't even done my journal writings (the place where I list my goals, plans, meals etc).

I also took a day off on Friday. I didn't get on the computer or do any exercising. I was hoping that the break would refresh the entire system. It didn't seem to work because my eating plan went right out the window on Saturday. My run Saturday morning was great though! I'm always really hungry on Saturdays because it is my long run day. It is also my higher calorie day because of that but yesterday I went way over board. It reminded me of when I was doing BFL and would have my "Free Day" instead of my splurge meal. It still makes me scratch my head when I look back and I would wonder why I wasn't losing much weight. My free days were killing all my weekly progress.

Today has been pretty good. I have still had some "extras" (off my meal plan) but it is much better that it has been. I consider it a step in the right direction. I will have to do much better this week to reach my goal though.

Work hard, eat right and reach for your goals!

No comments: