Thursday, May 05, 2011

44 Days - Recovery Week

This has been a tough week. I really seem to struggle during my recovery weeks. I noticed it during both P90X and Insanity. My workouts are a struggle to get in and my eating is very haphazard. I'm actually glad that it is almost over!

I have been able to get in 2 good runs with Helenann (5 miles each time). That was something else that was hard - Helenann is still in recovery from Boston and everyone else just ran there marathon last Sunday. So, there really hasn't been anyone to run hard with. This weekend will also be light. Helenann doesn't want to do much over 6 miles (it will probably be relatively easy too) and the rest of the group is only doing 4 miles. But, I'm sure we'll start to ramp things up soon.

I only have a couple more weeks of school left (can't wait!) so I think I'll try to get on some trails during the day while the kids are still in school. I want to get Chip on the trails too but I know I won't be able to do any long runs with him. He's run 2 miles but we haven't gone any farther. I'm debating on whether he would be able to go farther on a flat shady trail??????

I'm looking forward to starting back up with Insanity next week. As I posted before, I think I try 1-2 week of the first month and then move to month 2 workouts. I really miss the "high" I got after completing those workouts! I think it is also really going to help me get ready for Baltimore.

That's it for now!

No comments: