Tuesday, May 24, 2011

25 Days

Today's run was a tough one. It was a pretty hilly course and the heat and humidity were brutal! However, I'm actually glad that I'll get some runs in this type of weather. The Baltimore race has had some really hot sticky weather so it's actually very beneficial to get some time out in it. The run itself was good. We averaged about 9:30 which is decent on the hills.

I bought a new pair of running shoes today. I was trying to wait until my B-day but when I tried them on I realized just how much I needed them. I stayed with the Brooks Adrenaline but it is now the 11 version. There was enough cushion in them that I think I'll try them without the extra cushion insert (staying with the orthotic though). The extra inserts make the shoes very heavy and I will be really glad to get rid of some of the extra weight. Even the owner of the Delaware Running Company, where I bought the shoes, commented on how heavy the shoes were. I think I needed the extra cushion earlier because my foot was still flared up. Now that it is feeling better I don't think I need it! YEAH!!

I was really sore this morning when I woke up. My Insanity workout on Monday really worked me good! I love that feeling! I realize that people that don't workout regularly must think I'm crazy to say that and to be honest I don't know why I like the feeling. Sure it hurts a bit but it isn't like an injury pain and I guess you just know that you have done something really good for your body. Tomorrow is another Insanity workout day (not sure which session) and I'm already looking forward to it!! I hope my energy level and motivation are higher than on Monday. I did the workout but I felt sluggish - I really want to nail the workout tomorrow!

I bought 1 other thing today - a basic HR monitor. I have a HR monitor on my Garmin but the watch is so big it makes it hard to do many of the Insanity floor moves. I used the Amazon gift card that I got from Jess for winning the 10 Day Challenge. It'll probably be 1.5 to 2 weeks before I get it (that way I got free shipping). It doesn't really have lots of bells and whistles but it will tell me HR and calories burned. My Garmin only tells calories burned when I'm outside - it needs distance traveled in order to calculate the calories.

I'm pretty much finished at school - I will stop in tomorrow just to drop something off and I think I'll take Chip with me. I'm getting my hair done tomorrow so if I bring him early it will be one less time locked up in the house.

I'm trying to get back into more planning this summer. Planning the family dinners, my overall nutrition plan, cleaning schedule etc. So on that note, I'm off to plan tomorrow's meals. It makes a huge difference when you take those few minutes and plan your day. If you don't do it already - START TODAY! Schedule time in your day to workout. Plan your meals so you can get them ready and take them with you if you are out of the house. The following quote is so true:

"He who fails to plan is planning to fail" Winston Churchill



No comments: