Saturday, May 21, 2011

28 Days

Things are really coming down to the wire!! I decided that this weeks long run HAD to be at least 10 miles. So we met at 4:45 this morning and set off for our 10 miles. There is someone in the group that is still in post marathon recovery so she wasn't sure if she would make the 10 so we started off with a 5 mile loop. Then completed the 10 miles with an out and back around a local reservoir. It was absolutely beautiful with the sun starting to rise on the water.

Anyway, we all made it the full 10 miles in a time of 1:35:38 (9:30 pace). My hamstring got a little tight after I ran up the steep hill to the reservoir. I rocked the run up but when we stopped to wait for everyone to get up the hill, I could really feel it tighten. I will have to remember that for the future! I'm pleased with the run but I know that I need to get faster if I want to hit my time. For the next couple of weeks I'm going to really focus on hitting all my workouts really hard and keeping my nutrition on track.

My daughter had a soccer game this morning and she did awesome!! She was very aggressive and played very well. She even played goalie and made a few big saves. Her team won 3-2 so her saves were key! The best part is that she was assertive in all areas of her play - she ran hard on offense and challenged the other girls on defense. I'm very proud of her!

My son has a baseball game later today. I'm hoping he too will be a bit more aggressive in his play. He is a very good ball player when he just relaxes and lets his play happen.

Tomorrow is a stretching day which is good because the rest of the day is going to be very busy!

No comments: