Wednesday, May 11, 2011

38 Days

I am so excited! I got on the scale today and my weight has dropped to 153 so over the past 10 days I have dropped 4.5 pounds. The funny thing is that the only thing I did was cut out some of the extras - the junk! I wasn't perfect and I still dropped the weight - amazing isn't it! The fact is, we don't have to be "perfect" and we are only setting ourselves up for failure if perfection is what we expect of ourselves.

I love Jess' 80% rule - be on target 80% of the time and you will be living a healthy lifestyle. This is truly what the main purpose is all about. I am really striving toward that goal - making it a lifestyle &/or philosophy. I have shown myself that it works and I have to keep reminding myself of that fact. I know it isn't quite there yet so my goal for the next 7 days is is maintain my actions. My mind and body have not committed this to habit yet so that is my next goal!

As for my workout - I completed Insanity Cardio Power and Resistance this morning. I attempted to video the workout - for my purposes only! I need to play with it more so that I get more in the shot and for some reason it stopped taping part way through the session so I didn't get to see my form at the end (I really wanted to look at the push-ups). I'm thinking that it stopped because I left it alone for the entire session. Maybe I need to stop/start it during the water breaks. If anyone has another idea let me know (it records on tape - not digital).

I'm about 1/2 way through my day and my eating has been good. I still haven't decided what to have for dinner. I may have a salad and get fried chicken or something for the rest of the family. We have both soccer and baseball tonight - luckily they are both basically next to each other so I can get both kids where they need to be. Hubby will be at home but has work he must get done.

Speaking of having to get things done - I'm off to get my own work done!

No comments: