Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thank God it is almost Friday!


This week has been really hard because I spent all week clean up my classroom. I have been exhausted!!! But today was finally the end. After the day was over, I took the kids to the pool for the first time this summer. We had a great time and I actually got a chance to swim some laps and boy am I OUT of swimming shape! The pool is a 50 meter pool and I've only ever used a 25 meter pool so it was pretty weird. My foot almost cramped a couple of times too. I was only swimming down and back, mostly so the kids were left unattended, and I was pretty wiped when I got back. It will be interesting to see if I get sore tomorrow. I am definitely going to try to incorporate laps each time we go. I won't be able to do any prolonged lap swimming because I will be alone with the kids and I don't want to leave them alone. I have them sit on the side, out of the water, and I feel bad about that so I won't do anything farther than down and back at one time.
My running has been moving on pretty well. I missed a session on Wednesday because I was absolutely exhausted from cleaning my room and then class on Tuesday night. I was forced to clean up my classroom all by myself this week. I have to say that it did tick me off just a bit (there should have been at least 2 and possibly 3 people) doing the work that I did this week. On top of having to do it all myself, I had the kids with me as well - it is just really hard because the kids get bored and I just didn't have the time to stop and entertain them.
Tomorrow is an off day for my running and I am going to do something that I haven't done in I can't tell you how long. I am going to sleep in! It may be 6am when I get up and I don't care. The point is, I'm not getting up with an alarm and I can't wait!!
Off to plan for tomorrow!

No comments: