Sunday, May 13, 2007

Sunday 5/13/07

Happy Mother's Day to all those Moms out there!

I had a great day yesterday playing with the kids in the pool (at a birthday party). They have progressed a lot since the start of last summer. I can't wait to get them to the pool this year and start their swim lessons. I have no doubt that they will be little fish by the end of the summer!

All the playing in the pool really took its toll though - I was exhausted last night! I was in bed at 9pm and pretty much fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. I got up this morning as usual but it was raining and I was still pretty tired. So, I laid down on the sofa for about 2 hours and then got up and did my run. I went about 3.5 miles and my pace was 8:12m/m. I felt like a really easy pace so I was surprised to see the 8:12 when I was finished - it just didn't feel like I was going that fast.

I'm really looking forward to next weekend. I will pick up my race packet on Saturday and then the race begins at 7:10 am. I am going to stick to my workout plan for the beginning of the week but I'm not sure how I will alter the end of the week. I will be doing either some easy runs or maybe some cross-training. I'll just see how it goes.

Bill got called out for an emergency this morning (at work) so I'm not sure what the rest of the day will be like. I was hoping to go out for lunch but I don't think he is going to be home in time. I guess the kids and I will just eat here. If I don't hear from him soon I may go out and run some errands - it is a beautiful day and I don't really feel like sitting inside all day!

No comments: