Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Wednesday 5/16/07

I had a great run this morning! It was a 35 minute Tempo run - I did 10 minutes warm-up, 15 minute run and 10 minute cool down. I covered 4.5 miles and I was consistently in the 7 - 8 m/m range during the run part of the workout. The overall pace was 8:16m/m. I will say that my legs were feeling a bit tired after the run (while I was making breakfast and getting ready for school etc.). But have felt better as the day has progressed.

I went to a women's sports store and bought a new pair of running shoes today. I realized that my current pair has well over 300 miles on them. I will be using both sets of shoes for a little while. Then when the next version of the Asics Gel-Cumulus comes out I will try to get this earlier model at a discounted price.

After I got my shoes, Will and I stopped at a park and walked/ran on some trails. He has amazing amounts of energy! I can't believe how well he handles those types of activities, especially considering he is only 4. I'm really looking forward to being able to take the kids to the parks during the day (after school lets out). They both seem to love walking on the trails so I want to encourage it as much as I can!

Time to go pick up Ally from school!

No comments: