Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Very Crazy Tempo Run

I just finished a crazy run this morning. It was my scheduled 40 minute Tempo run. I use my Forerunner to help me with my pacing (because I pretty much stink at maintaining a steady pace on my own). The problem though was that my Forerunner was all over the place. I would be running, and didn't feel like I had slowed down much if at all, and all of the sudden the pace would register 2 minutes slower than I was just going. Then, all of a sudden, I was going too fast and the pace was telling me to slow down. I was very confused!

The above was written very early this morning and now here it is, 8:36 pm and I'm just now getting back to this entry. I can't believe how busy my days have been lately. Between exercising, working, my FlyLady routines and every day life - my days have been VERY full lately. I again have to credit Leanness Lifestyle with giving me the energy to complete these days. Not too long ago, there would have been no way I would complete these days with as much energy as I have. Now don't get me wrong, I am dog tired at the end of the day. However, this time last year, I would have been this tired but I would have completed only 1/2 as much work.

Tomorrow is the start of conferences at school. I am a touch nervous because it is the first time I will have ever done one. Even though I'm nervous, I know that it is going to be a great year and that we have worked hard and done everything we could to get ready. Much of the rest needs to wait until we meet the kids and find out their likes and dislikes and then tailor the class accordingly.

It's getting late and I need to go to bed and get some sleep. Have a wonderful night!

Work hard, eat right and reach for your goals!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like reading about your runs even the ones that don't go as planned. What grade do you teach?

Cheryl said...

Hey Gina - Thanks!

I teach in a pre-school. I teach the 3 year olds and the gym classes for the entire school (2 year olds up through K). This is only my 2nd year but I love it!