Monday, September 11, 2006

First day of school

Today was a first for 2 people in my family. My daughter started her first day of Kindergarten today and I started my first class today. Ally, my daughter, did really well. It was pretty obvious that she was pretty tired but nowhere near as exhausted as I thought she would be. It will be interesting to see how she does as the week progresses. I really think it is going to take her a couple of weeks to adjust to the longer days - I forgot to mention that she is doing full day Kindergarten. Not all the schools in our area are doing full day classes but it is moving in that direction.

My day went well too. We appear to have a good group of kids in my M, W, F class. I also know most of the kids from last year, so that makes it easier too. I don't know many of the kids in my T, Th class because they are new to the school. This will make it a bit more challenging but it is also a smaller class so that makes it easier. There is still a bit of ironing out that we need to do in terms of how we will work the class but overall the year looks good!

I had a good run this morning. It was nice and cool out, but the wind was a bit of a challenge at times. Still, I was able to run at around an 8 min pace for the 3 miles - very pleased with that. Tomorrow is a 4 mile run. This weekend is supposed to be a shorter "long" run (cut-back week) but I think I'm going to do the long run that is scheduled for next weekend. We are going down to the beach for the weekend and it would be much easier to find a 4 mile route than a 9 mile route. I don't think it will make a whole lot of difference in the long run.

Work hard, eat right and reach for your goals!

1 comment:

A Prelude To... said...

I'm sure this has been an incredibly busy week, Cheryl. Hope it's going well.
How is your running coming along?

J