Saturday, September 30, 2006

Sunday 9/30

I ran 10 miles this morning and I'm pleased with the pace (8:15). I felt really tired at the start but came around as the miles progressed. It was also a hard start because the temperature dropped to about 43 (down from about 60) degrees. I was actually running in pants at the start and boy did my legs feel heavy. After about 2.5 miles I was able to take them off and then I felt much better. Right now my joints are pretty sore - I'll be glad when the race is over and I can drop some of my mileage. I think my joints will be much happier.

I was able to find some new cross-trainers today. I'm really hoping that it will help with all the pounding my body takes during my gym classes. I was so sore this week in my hips. I definitely don't want to go into the race sore.

Going to a college football game tonight - they are a lot of fun because it is something that we do without the kids. We have some really fun grown-up time. Then tomorrow it is off to my parent's house to pick the kids up. Busy weekend, but great fun too.

1 comment:

A Prelude To... said...

WOW CHERYL!!! GREAT PACE!! You're going to do awesome next week. Have a good evening :o)