Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Tuesday - 9/19

Thanks Julie and Anna for your support with my problem the other day. We ended up throwing out 3 of my son's toys because of his uncaring attitude (we are actually donating the toys). As for the lying, we think we got the story about what happened but their stories were still just a touch different the whole time that we are completely sure whether we got the full story or not. We've discussed the situation and hopefully it won't happen too much in the future. I actually read somewhere that when your kids lie (especially at a young age) it is an indication that they have a quick mind - they are testing their imaginations as well as their boundaries.

My runs have been going well. On Sunday, I ran 9 miles at a pace of 8:15/mile. Last year, I ran my race at a pace of 8:25/mile. To say that I'm pleased with this would be an understatement. I'm thrilled that a training run was actually run faster than my race time! It did take a toll on my though - I was exhausted on Monday. I was tired to the point that I didn't do my 3 mile run that was scheduled for that day. I did do about 20 minutes of lifting in the afternoon though. Today, I was still a bit tired but I was able to get out for a 4 mile run.

I also realized something very cool yesterday. I was worried about going to school the day after my race because it is one of the 2 days that I teach my gym class (for 1/2 the school). Well, yesterday I realized that, the day after the race is Columbus day and I don't have school! I will be able to rest and recover! I will need to teach my gym classes on Tuesday but I'm hoping to be in better shape by then.

Work hard, eat right and reach for your goals!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So you are telling me my 5yo son has a "quick mind" ;) I think we all run into these things. It is nice to know I am not alone. I figured you had been busy since school started. I know it is easier said than done, but make sure you are getting enough rest :)