Thursday, February 17, 2011

February 17th Update

Wow - things are really moving along! I completed day 25 of my Insanity program. I'm almost 1/2 way finished. The program is intense but I am loving every minute of it! I haven't seen much movement on the scale but I was noticing today that I'm really feeling good! I don't really know how to explain the feeling but I just feel better than I was before.

I am starting to get a better handle on my nutrition as well. Reality is, I haven't dropped any weight because my nutrition hasn't been good enough. Afternoons are my weak times so I've been trying to alter my habits/schedule to account for this time better. Some days it works better than others but the important thing is that I keep working at it!

The weather was absolutely beautiful today - about 65 degrees. The weather really fired up Chip and he decided to start digging in our veggie garden. In order to combat this I decided to take him out for a run. My kids were home so I got them on their scooters and the 4 of us did a 1.5 mile loop in our neighborhood. It was a GREAT time and it did a pretty good job at tiring Chip out (at least for a little while). I'm proud of both Chip (we only walked once) and the kids. The section where we walked was on a pretty steep hill and I was afraid that the kids might fall. Tomorrow, I'm hoping to get us all out to the park so we can hike on the trails.

The warm weather leaves on Saturday - back to reality! It's back just in time for my Saturday run with "The Group". I'm not planning on running as far as I did last week. I'm planning on between 7-8 miles. Eleven was definitely too far to start off with! It should be a good time!!

No comments: