Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Wednesday 6/20/07

Training has been very good lately. I've had some very productive runs. Today's workout was speedwork: 9 x 400. I haven't looked at my paces yet but I felt like I was working pretty hard. The weather was not helping - at 5:15 am it was 71 degrees and 93% humidity. We had a storm front come through last night and it is making for some really icky weather.

I'm really beginning to wonder whether I want to go through all the trouble of trying to lose weight while training for this race. I have been maintaining my weight at about 140 for a while now and have been struggling to lose more. Most of my problem is mental and I realize that - a part of my brain keeps telling me that I look good at 140 so why do I want to drop lower. Would I look better at 130 or 135? Probably, but I just can't seem to get all cylinders firing at the same time. Anyway, something to ponder!

No comments: