Wednesday, June 27, 2007

My first group run!

This picture is actually pretty cool because it is of a group finishing the 2005 MCM. They look awesome at the finish and I would love to look the same!



It was so much fun! I met 2 other people and we went out for a 5 mile run. The pace was right at about 10 m/m. I can't tell you how awesome it was to run with other people - it was great to have a conversation while running (with someone else that is). The best part was that I already kind of knew one of the other runners. It turns out that she knows my husband and we had met a few times before. I think I'm going to try and go back tomorrow so that I can meet Pat who was the one who told me about the group in the first place. I will definitely meet them on Saturday for some trail running. I am so looking forward to that!


After my shower, I will be sitting down and trying to write my "Why". I did get a couple of responses from my post over at LL and got some good ideas. I will also be following up on them. One of the suggestions was to do one of Coach's Boot Camps - I would love to do one but I don't think I have the money for it. Our family budget is quite tight and if I spend all my savings on a boot camp (which I don't have enough for) then I won't have any for either my Elite membership or a Platinum Lifetime Membership. Boy do I wish I could win the Powerball and then I could do both - LOL!

No comments: