Saturday, June 09, 2007

Saturday 6/9/07

Today's long run felt really hard. My legs felt very heavy and tired. I still ran it at a good pace but I never really felt "good" this morning. It was quite humid and that may have had something to do with it. In addition, I did some lifting the other day and my legs were a bit sore still. Not that it really matters - I'm going to have days when I feel awful and days when I feel like I'm flying. The important thing is that I got my 9 miles in. It took me 1:20 and my pace was 8:48m/m. I'm feeling a bit sore and stiff right now so I'm definitely going to be doing some more stretching as the day progresses.

I think I'm going to try and get a 2nd pair of running shoes today. I can't remember if I wrote before, but Bill got me 2 gift cards for a local women's sports store for my birthday. I think I'm going to get the same shoe I have right now. I've read different things about it - some say get different types of shoes so that your foot gets a different feel and others say to stick with the same shoe because you know it is already a good shoe for you. I'm just going with the same shoe and see how it goes. If I continue with the longer distances, I may try a different shoe after the marathon.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: