Monday, June 25, 2007

Monday 6/25/07: Readings and other stuff

One of the new routines I'm trying to establish is daily Bible readings. I've started a great study with some friends on a book titled "It's Not About Me" by Max Lucado. We've only gotten through 1 chapter so far but it is a good book. One of the things is brought back out to me was that I was not spending enough time in prayer and intimate relationship with God. As with most people, the excuse I've been using is time - "I just can't seem to find the time because......". Ya know what? That is a bunch of crap! Just as we say you much schedule your exercise time and make it a priority - you have to do the same with your prayer life. It is that important!

Long story short, I have had to really good Reading/Prayer Sessions the past 2 nights. I shared my first session insights with my Bible Study friends but decided to start putting my insights into this blog to share with everyone. Last night I read Psalm 90 & 91 in The Message Remix. The section that really spoke to me was in 91:14-16

"If you'll hold on to me for dear life, says God, I'll get you out of any trouble. I'll give you the best of care if you'll only get to now and trust me. Call me and I'll answer, be at your side in bad times, I'll rescue you, then throw you a party. I'll give you a long life, give you a long drink of salvation!"
Hold onto me, get to know me and trust me.....3 things that I am really trying to focus on right now. I am also coming to realize that trust is not necessarily something I'm good at. Trust goes hand in hand with releasing control which is another thing I will have trouble with "upon occasion".
Onto the "other stuff"...Wouldn't you know that it is raining today! The first day of swim lessons and it is raining and is supposed to rain all week. I'm assuming that they will have the lessons as long as there isn't any thunder and lightning but it isn't exactly the way I intended to spend the time. I was really looking forward to relaxing in a pool chair, at the side of the pool, watching the lesson for things we can practice on our own. Oh well, I guess we'll just play it by ear and see how the week progresses.
The rain also messed up my training plan for this morning (hence the longer post at 5ish in the morning). I had planned on doing a rollerblading session followed up by a lifting session but since it is raining, the blading got ditched. As soon as I'm finished here I will do my lifting session and then decide on the cardio portion of my workout.
I'm feeling better about my decision to go with the Intermediate I program. I really think I will do well with it....it is a nice compromise between Novice II and Intermediate II. I think it will challenge me but yet not be so overwhelming that I breakdown physically.
I have procrastinated enough and it is now time to go lift!
Addition: I published my blog and it did something that has happened to me before and that I don't understand. It takes out spacing that I had in when I was typing and it pushes things closer together (notice the section right after the quotation it is different from the top section!) - I really don't get it!

No comments: